[ADV] Goldmine, full release!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[ADV] Goldmine, full release!

Post  domportera on August 14th 2011, 4:46 am

Goldmine

From the makers of The Plague Series comes our brand new map that we believe to be even better than anything we've made. This is the first release, most likely with patches to come as issues are reported. Let us know about them once you've played and they will be resolved ASAP (usually the day of). Also, I'll +1 your rep if you decide to leave us feedback on your play experience and/or error reports. Anyways, give it a download and tell your friends!

The map is designed for maximum of 2 people, but 3 could end up working with a little extra work. Solo play works too. Bumping the thread makes all the hours of work a little more worth it, so it'd be appreciated!

MEDIAFIRE DOWNLOAD: mediafire.com ?ip4c269v8upb1h6

Texture pack required: LB Photorealism pack, which is available from 16x16 through 256x256, whatever suits your system. (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/127377-16x-32x-64x-128x-256x173-lb-photo-realism-update-81111-for-lbpr/ )

If you enjoy this map, try out our previous maps too, The Plague Series: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/531363-adv-the-plague-series/

This map involves adventure, combat, and fun dungeons to get through. Also, we added some parkour in a couple places to change up some gameplay. Every challenge is possible, and none of the parkour is made so difficult that it's near impossible like some courses I've seen. Just time it right!

Below are some screenshots of the map, doesn't reveal its secrets though!

domportera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [ADV] Goldmine, full release!

Post  TheArcher on August 14th 2011, 4:51 am

This looks awesome! I'll be sure to try it and see how it plays.
TheArcher
Admin

View user profile http://minecraft.forumotion.lu

Back to top Go down

Post  domportera on August 14th 2011, 12:26 pm

let me know what you think!

domportera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheArcher on August 15th 2011, 6:37 pm

Here is my review:

Spoiler:
Overall, great work, I enjoyed the experience and the puzzle aspects were fun. However the ending was terrible. "Game over, Sucks to be you."? What was that all about? I did all of that for nothing?

Besides changing the bad ending, you should improve on the story. There isn't really much to it besides "Find these and place them here".

As for other changes, I noticed a problem with the text boxes after I unlocked the first door: The two on the left and the two on the right say the same thing. Also, when crafting a diamond pick to dig through the obsidian I was unable to get enough diamonds. And finally, the part at the two paths of ice near the end killed me when I fell after attempting the first jump on the left (is that one even possible?) It was too dark in that section to really see what was going on when you fall. I had a bit of trouble reading the sign in the escape-the-ice-box section, too.
TheArcher
Admin

View user profile http://minecraft.forumotion.lu

Back to top Go down

RE:

Post  domportera on August 16th 2011, 1:20 pm

TheArcher wrote:Here is my review:

Spoiler:
Overall, great work, I enjoyed the experience and the puzzle aspects were fun. However the ending was terrible. "Game over, Sucks to be you."? What was that all about? I did all of that for nothing?

Besides changing the bad ending, you should improve on the story. There isn't really much to it besides "Find these and place them here".

As for other changes, I noticed a problem with the text boxes after I unlocked the first door: The two on the left and the two on the right say the same thing. Also, when crafting a diamond pick to dig through the obsidian I was unable to get enough diamonds. And finally, the part at the two paths of ice near the end killed me when I fell after attempting the first jump on the left (is that one even possible?) It was too dark in that section to really see what was going on when you fall. I had a bit of trouble reading the sign in the escape-the-ice-box section, too.

Thanks for feedback. The ending was to be a douche, more of a shock ending than anything. It's not like if we build a giant cavern of gold it'll actually do something for you, it's the end of the map anyway. I decided to make it funny instead.

I tried to keep the story as small as possible. Basically, you're trying to find the goldmine. I didn't want to make it like my last series, which for the plot made you cut away from the game to read txts. I feel like that diminishes the gameplay and the sense of instant playing.

I'll check out the signs. Escape the ice box section was supposed to be hard to read, it's a hint in itself. get it? and for the two paths, the left is supposed to be significantly harder (but possible!) than the right one, but much shorter, like the sign said "left is fast right is slow, patience is a virtue". Also, for that path, if you kept on making rights, there was an area with mob spawners and diamond equipment. I'm not sure if the spawners work though, I forgot to fix that area in case it didnt.
but anyways, thanks

domportera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top